Forum Cluj is a platform for dialogue on the cultural dimension of urban and regional development. The event brought together cultural operators from 14 European countries, representatives of local and central public institutions and businessmen to share knowledge about the potential of cultural projects to influence the processes of democratization, social and economic development, education, foreign affairs, community development.
Major themes of the conference:
– the role of contemporary culture in urban and regional development
– partnership between culture and other areas – economy, education, external relations
– the role of civil society initiatives in boosting community life and identifying mechanisms by which these cultural resources can best be mobilized to benefit cities and regions
– the contribution of the Cluj cultural sector to urban vitality
– the role of the cultural sector in Cluj’s strategy
– the initiative to create a pole of Cluj culture in the space of the former brush mill
– cooperation between the independent cultural sector and local public institutions
The Forum was part of the launch program of the Brush Factory, a new independent space for contemporary art, initiated by a group of 40 artists, curators, managers and cultural producers in Cluj.